13 October 2009

something to do

As my son is now at "big" school now ...I'm a tad redundant. I decided I would have a go at the City & Guilds patchwork and quilting course, for something to do. It however has given me too much to do and I seem to spend all my time sewing these days. Never mind the housework - what about the latest sample!!! I have even been neglecting my knitting and writing my blog.
Week 3 was all about folded patchwork - Somerset and Prairie Points. I got most enthusiastic about the Prairie Points and did a few samples. The boat sampler was made from Biting type Prairie Points trapped between wedges of fabric.


The sunflower was made from continuous Prairie Points with a Suffolk Puff as a flower centre.

Have a look at Kim Templins instructions for continuous Prairie Points.
Better get on with my "homework" for next week,
Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.