3 May 2013

drip drip drop

"Drip, drip, drop little April showers" as the song goes in Bambi. I know its already May, but I am pleased to announce that I have finished my April Shower felt panel.
A few photos......
 
 
A change of mind regarding the Wensleydale lock hyacinths they were replaced with strips of muslin which I embroidered into the felt.

 

and the tulips standing to attention

 
 
lots of raindrops
 
 
 
 



Now just the book and the employability units to complete.
Have a great Bank Holiday weekend, Ali
 

11 comments:

  1. OOOh Ali its fabulous!
    The blue of the hyacinths is beautiful - their colourful cluster really complements the tall troop of tulips! The tulip texture looks great.
    Love the raindrops - especially those drip drip dropping from the right edge - its really looks showered! As do the tulip leaves with rolling rainy tears... and I really like the diamond droplets dotted around.
    Hope you have a happy weekend too.
    Ali xx
    PS Thanks for your super comment - really appreciated..it was my first..hope it's workable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ali, im hoping to do a bit of crocheting during the summer, I always like reading your blog and thought the heart project was super, alison

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful Ali! :) great work !
    Happy wekend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is gorgeous, Ali! :)
    The beads are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you zed...I hope the tutor likes it ok, ali

      Delete
  4. It's a Wow from me! I am very impressed - that is lovely and innovative too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you....looking forward to seeing your piece at the exhibition, ali

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/5/13 02:55

    Well done! Vertical Gardens are really taking off over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful Ali. The beads are fantastic. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, Am busy doing the book....remember that!

      Delete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.